Privacy & Cookies Notice
(Last updated: May 2018.)
- What’s this about – Useful Information
Please read the following page carefully, as it explains how we collect and process your data in this and all our websites.
Artisan Themes (referred to as “us”, “we”, or “our” in this notice) acts as data controller in this notice and all what’s described here applies for this and all our websites, including -but not limited to-: artisanthemes.io, preview.artisanthemes.io, webinar.artisanthemes.io, pepperwptheme.com, quadroideas.com.
- Fundamental Principles
Although the content of this page explains in detail how we use your data, it’s important to mention the basic principles that guide the way we think about it:
- We do not actively collect sensitive information about you. In the rare cases that we do it’s only because it’s required to fulfill a certain part of your experience here (E.g. a purchase of a product) and we make sure that any sensitive information that we collect is kept safe.
- We don’t sell or trade your personal information with anyone. If we do that, is only to comply with a law request or to execute our rights.
- We only keep your information stored for the interests described in this policy, and only for as long as it makes sense to keep it stored.
- You can opt-out from our email marketing communications any time you want by using the provided link in every sent email.
- What personal data we may collect about you
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your physical address
- Your date of birth
- Your VAT id
- Any personal data you post on our websites
- Any message you send to us electronically
- Your website’s domain if using our products
- Statistical data about your use of our websites such as details about your browser, length and navigation paths of your visits, page views, and similar details your browser stores.
- Photographs of you at events
- Technical data such as your IP address, login data, licenses, user agent, referrer.
- Records of our email communications
- Records of payments to us
- How we may use your data
This is the list of things we may use your data for:
- Manage our business
- Reply to communications of you regarding support requests, enquiries about our offers, products or services, and our areas of expertise
- Send you communications about updates to the products or services you have purchased
- Process orders, give support and overall fulfill contracts for products or services you have purchased
- Send you marketing communications for products or services where we are allowed by law to do so
- Keep records of orders and communications
- Keep communications with you prior to complete a purchase of a product or a service
- Establish a referral when your visit comes from an affiliate link
- Personalize and when possible improve your experience on our websites
- Seek professional advice
- Process financial transactions in order to enable you to purchase services or products from us on our websites
- Prevent spam on our websites
- Analyze the performance and use of our websites and services
- Analyze the performance of our advertisement and marketing efforts
- Provide you with relevant content and advertisements
- What’s the lawful basis for processing your data
By complying to the General Data Protection Regulation we can only process your personal data if we have a lawful ground that legitimates doing so.
Here are our lawful grounds for our processes:
- For the processing of customer and technical data that we obtain when you place an order for one of our products or services that we collect and hold for the purpose of fulfilling that contract, keep you updated about new features and updates in our products and keep records of such contracts, the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract which you are subject to and for our legitimate interests in providing you with what we consider is the service or product you requested (delivering the goods and services and keeping you updated) and to run responsible business operations.
- For the processing of personal data that we collect when you contacted us about or products or services both through our website or otherwise, or when you intend to make a purchase on our websites, and that we process to reply to your enquiry and to keep proper record of it, the processing is necessary to comply to your requests prior to enter into a contract with us, and for our legitimate interests to run responsible business operations.
- For the processing of personal data that we obtained when you signed up for any of our free resources or products and that we process in order to send you those resources or products, reply to your communications about these and keep proper records, you have given consent to this processing of us sending you these resources or products and is in our legitimate interests to reply to all of your communications and keep records for our business of those.
- For the processing of personal data that we obtained when you signed up for any of our free or paid resources, or purchased any services or products that we provide and that we process in order to send you marketing communications related to the same field of interest of those resources, products or services, the processing is necessary for purposes of our legitimate interests in growing our business.
- For the processing of personal technical data that we obtain from cookies on any of our websites or other online services for the purposes of provide you with relevant content, execute proper referral attribution to our affiliates, prevent spam on our websites, properly operate our websites, deliver proper advertisements to you, display proper typography, identify you when you leave a comment on our websites, offer you new free resources, services and products and reply to and keep record of live chats in our websites about our products or services, the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to grow our business, execute direct marketing campaigns, and properly run our websites.
- For the processing of personal technical data that we obtain from cookies on any of our websites or other online services for the purposes of tracking your usage of our websites and the measuring the effectiveness of our sales process, the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests which in this case is to grow our business and to analyze and execute our marketing strategy.
We don’t collect or process any sensitive personal data about you (whether it be details about your religious and philosophical beliefs, political opinions, ethnicity or health).
- How we collect your personal data
We may collect personal data about you when you provide it directly to us (by entering your email address and name to receive a free resource, or when entering your financial details to purchase a product, for example).
We may receive personal data about you from third parties for analytics purposes (such as Google, Facebook, Monsterinsights, Optinmonster, ConvertKit, Intercom and Heap Analytics), for advertising purposes (such as Jilt, Google and Facebook), and from technical and payment services.
- Data security and disclosures
We process your personal data under a series of security steps to prevent it from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed or accessed without authorization. Also, in the cases that a team member accesses your information, it is only for the purposes declared in this notice, and done in a confidential way.
In the case that we suspect there has been a personal data breach we will notify you and any regulators where it applies.
We may have to share personal data about you to service providers (for digital and system services), professional advisers (as accountants, lawyers and auditors), government entities that demand from us to report processing activities or to disclose personal data that we may have about you, and third parties to which we join, sell or merge parts of our business or assets.
In any case that we share your personal data with any third party we demand that this data be used in accordance to the purposes described in this notice, and that they keep it under a strict security and confidentiality.
- Data retention
As stated before, we only keep your personal data for as long as we consider it’s necessary to fulfill the purposes stated in this notice and to fulfill any legal, accounting or reporting necessity.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer identify you for statistical purposes, in which case we may use this data indefinitely without further notice to you.
- Your legal rights
According to data protection laws, these are some of your rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right to request access
- Right to correction
- Right to erasure
- Right to withdraw consent
- Right to object to processing
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in regards to your personal data processed in any of our websites or businesses you can do so by emailing us to email@example.com.
We don’t charge a fee for helping you exercise these rights. However, we may charge a fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive, or we may refuse to comply with your request under those circumstances.
For security reasons, we may have to request specific information from you to verify your identity when you exercise any of the previously mentioned rights.
We’ll do our best to reply to your legitimate requests within a month’s time. In the cases that it becomes impossible for us to comply in that time (due to the number of requests or the complexity of them) we will notify you in advance.
- Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a Children under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
- Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services which we do not operate.
A Cookie is a small piece of data stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser.
- Provide you with relevant content
- Analyze your usage of our websites
- Evaluate our marketing efforts
- Execute proper referral attribution on sales
- Prevent spam on our websites
- Properly operate our websites
- Deliver proper advertisements to you
- Display proper typography
- Identify you when you leave a comment on our websites
- Offer you new free resources, services and products
- Reply to and keep record of live chats in our websites about our products or services
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. You can set your internet browser to refuse some of all of the cookies from our websites.
Please note that if you disable or refuse part or all of the cookies parts of our websites may not work properly or become inaccessible.