In order to get theme updates right on your WordPress dashboard and participate in the support forums, you will need to activate your theme’s license.
To do that:
- Navigate to https://artisanthemes.io/dashboard/ where you’ll find a list of your recent purchases.
- Locate the “On Domain” area on the product you want to activate and click “Edit”.
- Fill in the domain for the site you want to activate.
If you’ll be working on localhost domain for the moment, there’s no need to indicate that (unless it’s a .local doain). Just fill in your actual domain and it’ll work. You can modify this domain twice per license term.
Before you leave that page, copy the License ID that you’ll find in the same purchase you’re working with. You’ll use it in the next step.
Once you activate your domain, the theme is ready to connect.
Navigate to Theme Options » General tab in your WP dashboard and in the lower part of the page fill in your License ID for the “Theme Updates & License” area, which will be the same you copied earlier.
And that’s it. 😉
– If you keep getting an error message after you completed your details in Theme Options, make sure to click the “Verify License” button right next to the license ID field to refresh the saved data (we cache the response to save performance on your server).
– On previous versions of your theme you may see the Username and Password fields in that section but they’re no longer needed to activate your license. Complete them with any data you want (like the actual word “data”) just so you can proceed to verify your license ID, and they’ll be gone when you update the theme.
– There’s no need to enter the ‘http’ or ‘https’ part of your domain in your License domain. It won’t matter for this license verification.